Would you like to share your experiences of supporting someone by writing a piece for the My Story part of the service users section of our website? If so, we at Emergence would love to hear from you.
We are interested in hearing about your experiences: some points you may wish to include are:
- How living with a diagnosis of personality disorder has affected your life;
- Ways you have found of coping;
- Things that have helped, things that haven't;
- Any information, tips, positive outcomes that you would like to pass on to others;
- Ways you have found of looking after yourself.
There are some things that you need to bear in mind when writing your piece:
- Organize your information. Start simple, and then get to the details. There’s no need to tell readers everything at once. A lot of information is good, but break it up into well thought-out, organised pieces that are easy for your reader to handle.
Other important tips about language and content:
Please do not make defamatory, harassing, hateful or threatening remarks; you are advised not to write anything by which you can be identified, e.g. name, address, phone number; similarly with other personal information about yourself, or someone else; please do not use bad language; please do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as this is considered to be shouting! Please abstain from personal attacks, insults, derogatory statements and obscene language and do not write any content that libels, defames, invades privacy, or is obscene, pornographic, abusive or threatening.
Happy Writing! We look forward to hearing from you.