London-wide Personality Disorder Awareness Level Training
Training for NHS, Voluntary Sector and Probation Staff in London
Does your organisation come into contact with people who have, or who might have, a personality disorder?
The awareness level programme is the foundation element of the Knowledge and Understanding Framework and provides students with the underpinning knowledge and understanding required to work more effectively with service users with a diagnosis of personality disorder.
This is available for free to practitioners in London across both public and independent sector organisations that work with personality disorder and service users and carers. Each course is co-facilitated by a professional and service user trainer.
What does the training cover?
The programme aims to:
- Explore different perspectives about personality disorder
- Dispel some myths about personality disorder
- Explore ways of understanding personality difficulties
- Look at how someone’s past experiences can affect the present
- Help you to understand how to work effectively with service users (e.g. offenders) with a personality disorder
- Reflect on different approaches to working with people and the impact of reactions and responses
- Explore the impact of working with personality disorder on the wider team
What will I need to do on the training?
The training package is delivered in a very different way to many other training programmes and involves:
- Three full days of facilitated experiential training (all days must be attended).
- Completion of six internet-based online modules (approximately eight hours of work outside of the training days)
- Self-directed learning, reflection and homework
Click here for a taster of the online virtual learning environment.
How do I apply?
Available Dates for 2016
|Cohort||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Places available|
There will be three further cohorts running between January and March 2017. The dates for these will be confirmed and added to the website in the autumn.
Each three-day training cohort will be run in the Camden area at The Bridge School Conference Centre.
Women's KUF courses